Tuesday 21 July 2009

Green Fingers

My elderly friend Joan pays the 'Shaw Trust' to cut both the front & back lawns. They recently let her down and can't return for another 6 weeks. So muggins here took pity and helped out. Last week I did the front, which is small and wasn't too bad. Yesterday I tackled the much bigger back garden. The trouble with me is that I have to do everything properly & don't know when to stop. I didn't realise until afterwards just how tired I was. I was asleep by 9pm. Today I feel a bit lethargic but that will soon pass. But that's not the end of it. I have elderly neighbours, their front garden is paved but weeds are growing in the cracks. They hate not being able to tackle the job and worry that it looks bad. When I get a spare few moments I will deal with it.

No comments: