Wednesday 31 December 2008

Why Do Things Break Down Simultaneously?

The Camper Van and the Clio always seem to break down at the same time leaving me without transport. It's a good job I live on a bus route and near the train station

My Freeview boxes of which I have three, go wrong at the same time. Fortunately I know my way round my home entertainment system so I can usually fix things.

The last time the one in the living room played up I was astonished to see how much dust had accumulated on the equipment. My set is TV, Freeview STB, dvd recorder and a Tivo.

To clean up I have to pull out the TV stand - it's heavy as I still have an old fashioned bulky TV sitting on top.

I hate this job because behind the TV is a jumble of cables, a mixture of scarts, aerial and power. I've marked most of them so I know what goes where.

I always say a little prayer when I re-assemble and then hold my breath when I switch it back on.

I'm always amazed as to how emotionally draining this little exercise is.

Posted via email from Liz's Posterous

No comments: