Monday 28 September 2009

And While I Am In A Complaining Mood

I have emailed Chief Honcho at Home Retail Group, Oliver Stocken, about Homebase Farlington.

Below is the transcript:

The staff in the above store need retraining in Customer Service & Plant Care. Their attitude is sloppy and they clearly demonstrate that they don't care what impression they give to customers. Saturday evening, 26th September I spent over £30, during the checkout I was not offered the promotional October 10% discount card. It was only after I returned home that I realised that I should have asked for it. I returned the following day. The polite lad at the reception knew nothing about it and asked another lad to fetch the supervisor. The other lad's attitude annoyed me, he made inappropriate comments within earshot so I immediately took him to task and told him not to behave like that in front of customers. Where did he think he was? At home? The supervisor duly arrived, she apologised and I was given my 10% card. While shopping I noticed there were plants wilting through lack of water while the staff have plenty of time to stand around and chat. The paragraph below is taken from Homebase website. "We’re under no illusion that what really brings the customers back every time is our colleagues and the service they receive from them. From the team that purchases our products to the team that work on the tills, we offer the best customer service there is because everybody is encouraged to take responsibility for improving the customer’s experience." I should have been offered the 10% card without having to go back and ask for it. All the staff should have known about giving qualifying customers the 10% card. All plants need water, so what sort of impression does it give customers when they see plants needing a little TLC? I look forward to your comments.

No comments: