Monday 14 September 2009

Let's Get The Bus

An innocent phrase with huge implications. Our intention was to get from one London Mainline station to another. We had suitcases so we thought it would be easier than the underground.
What we did not know was that 'The Thames Festival' had taken place over the weekend.
Coming out of Kings Cross at 19:30ish we crossed the road and headed for the bus stop. The sign said that the 59 bus ran every 12 minutes but we waited for 40 minutes for it to turn up.
The journey was a nightmare as the traffic was gridlocked. We arrived at waterloo at around 21:00ish and missed our connecting train by 1 minute. It had taken about 90mins to travel across London.
Getting to Cosham is a pain. At 23:00 ish I left the train at Fratton and then had to wait nearly 30 minutes for a connection to take me back out of the city to my local station.
I eventually arrived home at around midnight.
During the nightmare bus ride in my mind I was so fed up I tried to take myself to different place. If I had been a child I would have behaved appallingly.
At Fratton station I was approached by two dodgy looking youths with a feirce looking dog on a lead, all they wanted to know was how to get home to London. But they had missed that last train. Glad I wasn't in their shoes.

No comments: