Tuesday 29 September 2009

Fashion Accessory or Something Useful?

I couldn't justify spending over £100 on frivolity so my clothes, shoes and bags are bought in charity shops or Ebay.

But I have just spent a serious amount of money on a new toy, some 'Red Line' Telesteps.

It's a handy ladder for every situation. Always the right length. Always at a safe angle. A telescopic ladder that can help me reach heights of up to 5 metres, amost anywhere and it only weighs 11KG.

This morning I easily accessed the roof of one of my sheds and fitted new felt. The ladder is so sturdy I felt perfectly safe and for someone aged 65 & 5/6's I have to take extra care.

Not having a significant other to deal with this sort of thing a girl has to look after herself.

I will get more value out of these telesteps than any fashion accessory. I will save money by doing the jobs myself and I won't be exasperated by useless workmen so there'll be no drain on my emotional health. All in all, money well spent!!

No comments: