Saturday 5 September 2009

On Being Let Down

I have five guests to take out to tea tomorrow and the other two drivers are unable to help.
One driver is self employed and is very busy so I can sympathise with his position. But the other has suddenly gone quiet and is not responding to texts, emails and phone calls.
My car is a three door Clio so there are accessibility problems. One guest needs to take along his three wheeled walker and it is difficult for some to get in and out of the back.
The Tea Party is scheduled for tomorrow so I can't cancel. By now the host will have organised all the food. It's the elderly guests and not me that's being let down. But as local organiser I get the stress and the worry. I woke at 4am today which is typical when my brain is overactive. Sometimes I feel like giving it all up but I am unable let the oldies down.

No comments: