Tuesday 3 March 2009

Apathy Monster

I don't know what is wrong but for quite some time I've been struck down. It's best described as apathy. The following is a good example of how I am behaving. Last summer I bought a very expensive single ticket to see Tina Turner perform at the O2 Arena. The performance is tonight so this afternoon I should be making my way to London. I really can't face travelling to Waterloo, getting myself to the O2 and back by Thames Clipper and then not getting back home until about 2am. I know the journey and staying up late will make me feel awful and it will take me several days to recover. I would rather kiss goodbye to £120 and put it all down to fate and experience. I actually feel relieved that I have made the decision not to go. I've never ever behaved like this before. If I am very lucky Tina will be unable to perform and I will get my money refunded. I would guess the cause is because in the last few weeks I have been badly let down by people who have lied and cheated. I chose to live alone so I can close my door on the the world and then choose who I let in. But living alone means that I have no one to lean on, help out or advise.

5 comments:

Penelope said...

Liz, how awful. People let people down all the time. I know how bad you feel but I bet the person/people didn't mean to cause such misery. You should have gone to see Tina. If I were closer I would have dragged you kicking and screaming. Is Judy near? xxx.

Penelope said...

Perhaps you expect too much?

Penelope said...

The time is wrong. Is it you or me?

Judy said...

Liz - if ever you want a friend/shoulder you know I am always on the end of the phone or only an hour away by train.
xxxxx

Penelope said...

Judy, If only we had known earlier you could have nipped round and nicked her ticket!