Saturday 3 January 2009

Acts of Kindness - 2nd Jan 2009

If they knew, my friends would be horrified and tell me off for taking risks.

These days how often does one see hitchhikers?

On a trip up to Farnham yesterday, on the outskirts of Waterlooville I saw a man attempting to get to the M25.

I stopped and picked him up. He introduced himself as Brian and thanked me profusely.

He said he was a general handyman. As there was no work locally he was going to London to try his luck there.

I asked him where he lived while seeking work. He sleeps in Bus Shelters

I dropped Brian off at the only roundabout of the A3, where one can branch off to go to Selbourne.

The paradox being that he warned me to be careful about who I gave lifts to.

Over the years I have given lifts to various strangers and I have also hitched. Am I foolish? Maybe?

Posted via email from Liz's Posterous

No comments: