Saturday 10 January 2009

Friends Reunited

I've been registered on the FR site for ages but haven't had much luck. 

Yesterday I had an email from someone who had been to the same school as myself. Being a year younger than me we never knew each other.

We'd both been pupils at Lourdes Convent in Brighton. She reminded me of the awful school food when very often all we got for pudding was a wormy apple from the orchard. 

One of the girls must have complained to their parents because one day we were given a lecture by little Mother Mary. On how grateful we should be when half the world was starving. 

She remembers coming in late from games many times (not her fault) being thirsty, and going to get her free little glass bottle of milk frm the kitchen counter. Then being told she couldn't have it because she was late. The nuns were very hard in that way.

Today I added more streets and work places. 

I found Elin Jonsdottir who lodged with us in 1960 while learning English at one of the language schools.

I found Fiona Campbell who worked in the Lindt sales force at the same time as myself.

I'm a big fan of social networking.

Posted via email from Liz's Posterous

1 comment:

Judy said...

So we are both 'convent girls' then - you wouldn't think so now :)