Monday 19 January 2009

On Dieting

Since the age of thirteen I have struggled with my weight. Striving to wear a certain dress size gets harder as one gets older. In the 50's around the age of 11 I was fat, a real Bessie Bunter. I had a voracious appetite, I was on the 'See Food Diet' - see food and eat it. As a teenager I managed to maintain a size 14. I have maintained that size for most of my adult life. At one time I was even a size 12. It has taken a lot of discipline and backbone. During pregnancy I had a tendency to balloon which took ages to shed. When I reached my late 50's I had nervous breakdown and let myself go. I don't know how much weight I gained during this time but when I walked my chesticles wobbled and my bra hurt because it was far too small. I had constant heartburn so I took control and put myself on the Slimming World Green Plan. I didn't sign up and followed it on my own. At the present moment I am a 16 and will do my very best not to 'grow' into a larger size. If I lost weight I would have to get a whole new wardrobe which would be impractical and uneconomical.

No comments: